Ged a Widget

Tuesday 26 February 2013

How to Fix Yourself When Battle


My top 10 answers for why you lost your battle

This one is for all the bboys/bgirls out there whether I know you or not

Here's my answer for the following reasons I hear after you/they lost a battle.

1) I was tired
A) so were they, build your stamina

2) I didn't know the music
A) learn the song, meet the dj's, buy their mix tapes

THIS ONE I HEAR THE MOST

3) the judges were wack/that judge is the same crew as the winner
A) if you dont go in with the intention of smoking that person so badly that even their crew mates will admit they lost, then you sir/madam have lost before you began.

4) I crashed/slipped
A) shit happens, train hard so it doesn't happen again.

5) I don't know why I lost
A) talk to the judges and find out, it's the only way you'll get better

6) I was battling ***** and they are one of the best/ I got smoked/ they got lucky
A) thats bad luck for you but what didn't you do to smoke them? Ask around

7) I'm sick/injured
A) why are you battling then? No harm in resting so you can represent at your best. If people only see you compete, make sure you are on point

8) we were short "x" amount of people.
A) I've seen people get to the finals or win by themselves in 2v2 3v3 etc including myself, it means that you individually are weaker and should be able to perform just as well without

THIS ONE I HEAR ALOT AS WELL

9) it's because of their rep they won
A) hell no. It's because they are good at what they do.
The only benefit that might give them is that the crowd gets hype.

10) it's because they did power/tricks/this move etc
A) no, it's because you lack what they can do.
Power
Tricks
Top rock
Footwork
Freezes
Musicality
Flava
flow
Etc

Too many of ya'll just focus on the one/few area(s)

My personal opinion on this last one is this.

I aim to learn everything I can, so that when I meet anyone in the cypher/comp I won't be surprised and I will know how to reply.

This way I can be that person who rips out a move you dont know and won't know how to respond.

If you can take responsibility for why you lost, you will learn and become a better dancer.

I hope y'all have liked this


sumber : https://www.facebook.com/bboyflyinfoxy

No comments:

Post a Comment